I am overlooking the gorgeous Rhine River from the Maritim Hotel Konigswinter in Germany (fck yeah!!)
Currently on #skintour with dermaviduals, Germany is the main course of my trip as it is the location of the 6th International Symposium on Corneotherapy. Woot.
We kickstarted (or camelstarted?) our trip with 48 hours in Dubai. I made lots of new #skinnerd friends from around Australia & New Zealand. Staying at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray resort was seriously amazing and is also home to the Talise Ottoman Spa (biggest spa in Dubai!). We spa’d, sauna’d, hammam’d and snow roomed (yes actually!) our wee hearts out. It was magical.
And now I find myself in Germany, with some of the leading brains in skin in the damn world.
Opening dinner was last night, after welcome and opening by Florence Barrett-Hill and Hans Lautenschlager respectively. This is a huge deal for me as my whole career has been heavily influenced by their trail blazing. Respect.
Today was the first day of lectures, with the theme ‘Enzymes & Enzyme Defects’ this year.
To be honest, the info is so dense and sciency that it will take me some time when I get home to break it down for the team and you guys. So let me share with you my top fun facts from today:
- Enzymes are utilised throughout the body, but are essential to the skin microbiome
- Affected by emotions, food, drugs, skin care and exercise
- Enzymes may be affected by genetics
- Preservatives and chemicals in skin care & makeup modify the skin microflora
- Heavily involved in: ROSACEA, DERMATITIS, PSORIASIS, ACNE, SKIN BARRIER
- Enzymes are not interchangeable, they cannot job swap!
- If you want good enzyme activity – DRINK WATER!
- Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3 & 6) are ESSENTIAL for healthy skin
- Light Therapy can help normalise enzyme activity
And my favourite from today (thank you Hans)…
Forget expensive procedures and products…EXERCISE is the most anti-ageing activity that you can possibly do (yes… I went for a big walk after lectures today. Not only that, but exercise is free folks!)
Well it’s raining upon the Rhine now and sleep is calling. I can’t wait to share my highlights from tomorrow. Night night.
Find out more about Asha the #skinboss.